Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Switch


Switching gears to this new-er blog-ish place is interesting because although I have thoughts that would normally go in blog form for some reason I never remember to come over here. This home, rental, flat, hide-away has been at the edges of my experience for so long, I really only used to post poetry, or private experiments over here.


However things are changing. I am kind of liking the solitude of this place where I am not immediately linked to so many souls and yet people can find me if they please...


So be patient. I will be blogging more, I promise.


The promise is mostly to myself anyway. I am out of practice, working on the 'zine at SUBVERSIFY for the past couple of years has changed my perspective. I scan the news, I listen to what people are saying EVERYWHERE (and yes that means you so watch what you say) and my sociological mind is stronger. I'm always looking for connections.


But I am weak on dreamwriting, on fantasy, on whimsy and I find that I'm not liking that so much.


I realized this as I sat down to write about the ongoing tales of the Tooth-Faerie of our house: Princess Nootsie-Pah. She makes regular visits complete with stories whensoever teeth fall out of heads around here and the last couple of entries were harder than normal which led me to believe I have to daydream more. And, more importantly write about it. Because if I don't who will tell her story?


Also I have a pesky Egyptian Goddess who is constantly reminding me that I promised to tell her story and she is the Goddess of poisonous things so one really doesn't want to ignore her. All kinds of bad things can happen then.


So I will I promise, try to remember this spot more. The other places, like multiply are looking like a marketplace/ghost town anyway. It's no longer comfortable to be there and who in the world knows what will happen when Goldman/Sachs takes over Facebook (if) (probably) it's interesting isn't it just when we all find a comfortable community to gather and share some big-wigs swoop in to make their dimes there? I guess it's the way of things and really it's probably not that bad for all of us to keep moving, being vagabond writers. Keeps us on our toes.


Anyway....until next time when maybe, just maybe I will have something of substance to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment