Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Song Saturday-Not Every Pain Hurts

I was disconnected from the internet, news and entertainment most of the day, I spent the morning in musical rehearsals and napped the afternoon away.

So I missed the news that a gunman attacked a Congresswoman, judge and others in Arizona today killing what is the count now? 5? I would like to say I'm surprised but I'm not really. Things are getting that crazy around here. I knew it was coming to this and it will probably only get worse. It probably didn't help that Sarah Palin had a target map on her site showing people those she though needed to be "dealt with"

The initial reports say officials are talking about electee's drawing back from their constituents, protecting themselves more. I can certainly understand that knee jerk reaction. I would be afraid for my family members and friends and loved ones too. I understand having concern for government workings going smoothly.

However I truly hope they don't pull back. That would be a tragic mistake. What we need more than ever is to be in the trenches. To not succumb to threats real and imagined. We need our elected officials to be brave. Do they not understand the word sacrifice? This is what they get the perks for...the dangers of serving. And we need brave people.

Anyway. when I woke this morning I had a flippant tune about pubic hair on my mind, mostly because it's catchy and also Becca's Amanda Herself just married Neil Himself and what better way to celebrate their nuptials than to play a song by Amanda all about pubic hair? But now I will save it for later.

Instead I was listening to various Requiems and came across this little gem which just clicked, I don't know why...it's not my normal listening style but, not every pain hurts, or has to hurt. Some should galvanize us.

No comments:

Post a Comment