Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 28, 2011

No Longer Adult Content

Okay so some of you have been gently complaining about my adult content warning.  Not that I mind complaining, it actually fuels my creativity.  Also, complaining is a favorite hobby of my own.

But I can see how the Adult Content warning could be a problem.  When  I first opened this page I was putting a good deal more erotica on it. It's not there anymore, I took it down long ago, so don't bother looking... But also I felt like in many ways this was a site for adult conversations, where we could come to say whatever we please in whatsoever language we please.  I am not offended by so called foul language (usually)  and I really didn't feel like dealing with crybabies.  I had thought of the adult warning as a stop and think sign.

But really it's no longer useful. Plus it's a huge pain in the ass when I'm using my cell phone to access the site and I really don't want to cause myself a pain in the ass.

 I also don't want to drive away the Pentecostals, Baptists and Mormons who may want to join in and rail at me.  I really enjoy when they take it to me, or try to.  Because I'm all about learning and conversation. 

So this is an announcement and a sort of warning.  The adult warning is down.  But please don't think that makes this a rainbow-brite place.  I want honest discussions, with plenty of nastiness. 

Okay? 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. It's always a pain to click on one more gizmo just to get to the goodies.

    (Me? I say "fuck" - as well as its adverbial-relative, "fuckery"; I also say "cocksucker", "dickhead", and "moron" a lot, too. Sometimes, they're the only words that fit. I often use them in reference to the aforementioned Pentecostals, Baptists, and other religious idiots....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would be more practical is for Blogger to offer the option to make the individual posts rather than only an option to turn the filter on or off for all posts.

    It's increasingly difficult in this "Christian nation" to get your point across to the people who really need to hear it if you use vulgarity. As much as they make some of us want to shout obscenities at their hatefulness and ignorance, they'll instantly turn off their "listen" switch if they see so much as a hint of what they consider to be an immoral word or thought. It's certainly stifling to creative expression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads-up.

    However, the internet must be a terrible place indeed for the easily offended. There’s NO filter that you could turn on that could shield them from problematic content.

    I used to put individual warnings in front of blog entries that might be a problem. No one seemed to be offended.

    Now I WANT the complaints. I want people to tell me something bothered them, just so we can talk about it and see why that is.

    ReplyDelete