Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Night Walk

The crack in the sidewalk showed Her life well.


I knelt and ran my forefinger from top to bottom, taking Her offered nectar.

It tasted of earth, leaves, full of smoke and almost a tannin flavour.

Yet bright and fresh.

The Moon almost full to deliverance shined through a break in the clouds.

Radiantly orange and yellow against their whiteness.

Swiftly, they moved across Her.

One shaped like a Roc flew directly over, seeming to linger.




It was an omen.




Good or bad, must wait to see.




An owl had tracked my path in the still of the night.
I could hear it; it's wings soft but audible on the clean cold night.
Good omen this; the gentle whoooo imparting wisdom which my deeper self will recall as needed.

Remembrances of a different owl, so long ago.

I reach the creek swelling slowly from recent rain.
It's cold breath I can feel.


Ophelia Wept.



I can hear her, not for you my attentions this night my sister.


This night,

My Sister,

Sleep softer.



Soon I reach my destination, where warmth and light await.
I slow my step savoring the cold's bite.


I am a creature of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment