Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Song Saturday- Heroin


No, not the heroic type, although I've no doubt that most people feel heroic...at least at first. Given the lyrics..."I feel like Jesus' son."

Anyway, I'm not really sure why I'm chosing this for the week. Especially a week just back. It used to be I didn't miss a Song Saturday. I've been flaking royally.

I'm not sorry about that. I've been busy doing other stuff. Stuff like walking the dog, going to farmer's market, cooking and eating good fresh food. Feeling really and truly blessed.

Really.

I've been watching, reading and listening to people who are unhappy, have nothing good to say about the future. Really and truly looking toward the end.

THE END.

Of course I'm not tripping through clouds. I am aware things are pretty bad. People are treating each other terribly. The U.S. and a good many other top-spot countries are looking an aweful lot like the third world countries we are so aftaid of. The ones we want to save. A lot of the time by force.

We have been spending too much time in other places and ignoring our own. Our very own hungry, homeless and downtrodden. Our prejudice has extended to everyone...especially poor people of every color. But also we now hate artists, writers, dreamers, those who don't slave in cubicles.

Even if we don't use the word "hate" we really do feel that way. "Get a Job!" is a phrase used more and more. We can't even concieve of others wanting to live and work on different schedules. It pisses off the masses.

I know all this.

And yet, I don't know...I feel hopeful really. I feel like we're at the point when maybe we can lance this huge national boil. Then the draining and healing can begin.

Is this even making sense? I don't know because it's late and I'm just using this blog as a free flowing exercise at this moment. So if you are reading it, you are getting my unfiltered thoughts.

Heroin, Get a Job, Boils Draining and Hope.

Anyhow this song was up on my Ipod today. I love it, mostly because it has so many takes. Actually if you have 'Peel Slowly and See" by Velvet Underground you know that the demo version has like eight takes.

Sometimes it takes a while to get things just so. Even if it doesn't sound (or seem or look) different to you. The dreamers have to tweak it out.

I'm hoping the Dreamers who are dreaming reconstruction are tweaking things out. I know I am. And I will not stop until it is just so.

Maybe everyone else should be thinking about more "takes" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment